November 14, 2009.
While sitting on one of the many rustic benches surrounding The Lake in Central Park, Upper West Side resident Carrie Brooker wrote out a list of food to prepare for the upcoming Thanksgiving dinner she was hosting for her family.
– Roasted Tofurkey with Whole Wheat, Wild Rice, and Pine nut stuffing.
– Thyme scented sweet potatoes with black olives and garlic
– Cider Braised Brussel Sprouts
– Pear and Toasted Walnut Salad with Homemade Organic Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
– Red Quinoa Pilaf with Kale and Corn
– Wheat free Apple Walnut Cobbler
It was the first and last time Carrie ever cooked Thanksgiving dinner for her family.
It Happened Here!
Happy Thanksgiving from Central Park: A Misguide.